Friday, March 11, 2011

This is All New to Me

I am twenty years old going on twenty-one in June on the eighteenth. I am married to an amazing man. We have been married for over a year and I am completely in love with him. I am still the happiest I could be.

I guess that isn't completely true, to be honest. I'm not happy about the weather. I wish it was spring! I am so ready for the sun and flowers. Brenton and I are planning on buying bicycles so we can go on rides threw the park. We made a deal about the bikes. If he gets the really nice one he likes, then he has to take me at least three times a week on a bike ride. I am trying to live healthier while enjoying na
ture to it's fullest. I am also going to get a basket for the front of my bike, so I can take my camera equipment on most of our rides.

I am hopi
ng to start taking more pictures. Since high school, I have wanted to become a photographer. Hopefully one day I will. I also love to crochet! It is one of my favorite things to do. It makes watching a movie easier. I have A.D.D. and I can't sit and watch a movie with out doing something with my hands.



Today may be a hard day for me. One year ago a friend from work died. It's been hard. I remember walking into work that morning. He greeted me at the counter like he did every Thursday and every morning shift we shared. He always had the happiest smile on his face. He made working there a blast. That morning he was teaching me how to work the buffet. He taught me so much since we met. Not only was he teaching me about buffet, but he was also teaching me about W.O.W. He loved that game. He was teaching me about it, so that I would understand what my husband was talking about. He and my husband loved talking about it. He was so excited that morning, because he had completely turned his life around that year. He had classes that afternoon that would help him get a head at work. These classes lead to a promotion. After those classes he had a date. He was so excited for that date. So happy. He never made it to his date. The teacher at the class sent them all out to other fast food restaurants to see how certain ones operated. Either to or from the restaurant he was hit my the Trax Trains in Salt Lake. The police say that he was trying to beat it.
After a year I still cannot believe he is gone. After that day I never had another good day working there. Every morning shift I would walk in there expecting Alex to be there. I quit the following July. Every once in a while I look on his Facebook wall, read some of the messages left for him by family and friends, and I leave messages for him as well. This normally ends with me bawling until I walk away from the computer or my phone.

This evening when my husband is off work, we will take flowers. I miss him.


Well, because I am writing this at four in the morning, I am going to go put together Brenton's lunch. Maybe I will also surprise him with breakfast this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Shay, I miss Alex so much too. I always thought that I could cope with death pretty well because I have a good understanding of it but I've struggled a lot with Alex's passing, too. More than I ever could have imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard. He was an amazing person! With an amazing heart! And that makes it harder. He is the first person I have know to pass at a young age. I have a hard time knowing he isn't here.

    ReplyDelete